News and Meeting Notes
COOS COUNTY FAIR: Items may be dropped off at Threads That Bind. Fair forms are available at the store along with the list of categories for entering items.
July 20: Barbara will pick up at items at Threads from 10:00-12:00 on Friday. Items may also be dropped off at Forget-Me-Knots in Bandon as she will go there after leaving Threads.
July 21-22: Items may be dropped off at the fair – 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fair items will be judged on Monday – Monday pm quilt hanging and set-up – First place winning this year $5.00 instead of $3.00 as in the past.
Four hour shifts are needed each day starting on Tuesday, July 24 through Saturday, July 28:
- 10:00 to 2:00 pm
- 2:00 to 6:00 pm
- 6:00 to close (9-ish)
Please check your schedules and let Barbara know when you will be available. This is a good opportunity to see all the wonderful items displayed in the fair plus a good time to sell raffle quilt tickets.
- We need your entries for the quilt show now! The deadline is coming up fast, and we need quilts if we want to have a show!
- On October 5 we will host a class with Cynthia Brunz. Please sign up early, so that we have a head count.
- Summer Challenge Block: Any pattern, 12 1/2" square, in red, white, and blue.
- It's time to sell raffle tickets! Pick up your packet and sell what you can, or buy the tickets for yourself. $15 per packet. The quilt (pictured below) is "Storm at Sea," and measures approximately 82" x 82". Drawing will be held September 17 at 3:45PM.
- The Boys and Girls Club holds their annual fundraising auction in November. We would love guild members to donate quilted items for the auction, up to twin size blankets. This can include smaller items like table runners. In addition to being a valuable community organization, they have been very generous and accommodating for our quilt show every year, and we would love to give back.
"Storm at Sea," 2018 Guild Raffle Quilt