2019 Guild Raffle Quilt: "Shore Acres Breaker"
The 2019 Coos Sand 'n Sea Raffle Quilt is an homage to the beautiful blue Pacific Ocean, our coastline, and to the magnificent wave breakers that roll in to Shore Acres state park near Coos Bay, Oregon.
We took as our inspiration the famous woodblock engraving called the Great Wave off Kanagawa created in 1829 by the Japanese artist Hokusai.
The image of the wave has been created with the lovely, slow, thoughtful process of hand needle-turned appliqué. The colors in the wave have been shaped through the use of ombre fabrics. In all, the four guild members who created the quilt top have over 300 hours of work in the top, which was then quilted by Adam Rateliff, of Covered Wagon Quilting.
The winning ticket for the quilt will be drawn at the Coos Sand 'n Sea Quilt Show, Sunday, September 22, 2019. Tickets for the raffle are $1.00 each, or 6 for $5.00.
Tickets are available for sale:
- Guild members
- Visit our table at local events like the Blackberry Festival
- Local quilt stores: Threads That Bind and Kruusn Quilt Designs.
- Mail order (see below)
To mail order raffle tickets, please include:
- A check made out to Coos Sand 'N Sea Quilters.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) so that we can mail back your ticket stubs.
- Your name, phone, and email address.
Mail your order to:
Coos Sand 'N Sea Quilters
PO Box 1206
North Bend, Oregon 97459
Orders must be received by September 15, 2019.